Thank you Heavenly Father for the faithful service of the Honourable Kyle Fawcett, MLA for Calgary-Klein. Continue to give him wisdom as he serves on the various committees at the Legislature. We pray for his involvement with the youth of Calgary and his desire to build into their lives. We ask for health and protection in his daily life in Jesus name, Amen
Kyle Fawcett was elected to his second term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Klein on April 23, 2012. On May 8, 2012 he was appointed Associate Minister of Finance.
Mr. Fawcett previously served as parliamentary assistant for Treasury Board and Enterprise and as a member of the following:
- Treasury Board
- Standing Committee on Public Accounts
- Standing Committee on Finance
- Government Legislation Review Committee
- Youth Secretariat (chair)
- Alberta Delegate Council for the Pacific Northwest Economic Region (PNWER)
As well, Mr. Fawcett served as Chair of the Cabinet Policy Committee on the Economy on the Standing Committees on Health and Private Bills and the Special Standing Committee on Members’ Services. Prior to serving as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, Mr. Fawcett provided research consultant services in support of both private industry and nonprofit projects.
In addition, Mr. Fawcett served as a public school board trustee from 2004 to 2007. As trustee he served in a variety of capacities, including:
- chair of both the audit committee and the policy committee
- board liaison to the Calgary Board of Education/Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA) Liaison Committee
- board representative to the ATA collective agreement interpretation committee
A graduate of the University of Calgary, Mr. Fawcett has a bachelor of arts degree in political science and economics.
Born and raised in Calgary, Mr. Fawcett has kept active in the community coaching youth baseball and football and mentoring junior and senior high school youth in northeast Calgary as part of the Alberta Mentorship Foundation for Youth program.
June 6, 2012