Lord, we lift up to you our MLA Bidhu Jha. We thank you for his influence and insight in International Trade. We pray that Bidhu would see your heartbeat as he strives for social service, justice and economic development. May the community, local and at large, be blessed by his tireless efforts in equal rights. Lord, bless Bidhu’s family. May each member experience your protection and provision. In Jesus Name, Amen.
“I encourage young people to obtain highest possible training and education so that they are empowered to succeed. By investing in education and training, we create opportunities for positive economic growth, and build on Manitoba’s entrepreneurial spirit.”
Bidhu Jha, a Winnipeg resident since 1970, was elected as Radisson’s NDP MLA in 2003, 2007 and 2011. He has been legislative assistant to the premier and minister of Energy, Science and Technology and was recently appointed as Manitoba’s special envoy for international trade. Bidhu participates in several legislative committees on such issues as public accounts and finances, Crown corporations, social services, justice, and community economic development.
He has also received the prestigious Asia Pacific Award of Entrepreneurship from the Asper School of Business (University of Manitoba) and an honourable distinguished community service award by ICHHA, an organization set up to serve humanity. Bidhu is a published poet and writer of short stories and articles. A tireless worker in uniting Canada’s diverse communities, Bidhu is a strong voice for equal rights for all.
More about Bidhu
- Holds a degree in mechanical engineering and is trained in industrial engineering management;
- Former business owner and CEO of Optimum Trading Corporation;
- Past board member of major private and public enterprises including Manitoba Telephone Systems, Deer Lodge Foundation, Canadian Cancer Society and Crown corporations council;
- Past member of the faculty of engineering advisory committee at University of Manitoba and Red River College, and
- Member of the International Trade Council, Manitoba working with chamber of commerce and other economic development agencies in Manitoba.