Mitchelson. Father, I ask you to fill
her with extra time in her day, to fulfill all her duties. Grant her wisdom, love, joy, peace, and
health. Thank you Father. Amen.
A registered nurse for more than 18 years, Bonnie Mitchelson was first elected to the Manitoba Legislature in 1986 to represent River East. In her time as an MLA, Bonnie has been responsible for a variety of ministerial roles, including, Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Lotteries, Multiculturalism and Citizenship, the Status of Women, Family Services, and Housing.
Bonnie was the first woman to lead the Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba in 2000, when she was selected as Interim Leader.
Bonnie has always worked to improve the quality of life for her constituents in River East, and help make the following community projects a reality:
- the expansion of the Calvin Christian School;
- the 40 bed addition and renovation of Donwood Manor Personal Care Home;
- the completion of twin arenas for Gateway Recreation Centre and the Gateway Soccerplex;
- the establishment of the Seniors Health and Wellness Resource Team; the completion of the Northeast link of the Perimeter Highway (from Dugald Road to Lagimodiere Boulevard);
- the creation and development of the Congregate Meal Programs in seniors’ apartment blacks;
- the expansion of Concordia Hospital;
- the construction of 120 beds at the River East Personal Care Home;
- the construction of 120 beds at the Kildonan Personal Care Home;
- and the construction of 140 beds at the Concordia Place Personal Care Home.
- Bonnie has also been active with several non-profit organizations.
Bonnie and her husband Donald have a daughter, Michele (married to Paul Kisil) and a son Scott. They are also the proud grandparents of Lauren and Serah.