Dave Quest was elected to his second term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Strathcona-Sherwood Park on April 23, 2012. On March 4, 2013, he was appointed Chair of the Standing Committee on Families and Communities and consequently he sits on the Legislative Review Committee. At the same time he was re-appointed to the Standing Committee on Public Accounts (previously a Deputy Chair) and re-appointed to the Special Standing Committee on Members´ Services. Dave is the Alberta Government’s representative on the Ports-to-Plains Alliance (PTP) Board of Directors; the Council of State Governments-WEST (CSG-WEST); and the Northlands Board of Directors.
In addition to his regular duties as an MLA, Mr. Quest previously served as a member of the following councils and committees:
- Cabinet Policy Committee on Finance (Chair)
- Standing Committee on the Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund (Chair)
- Standing Committee on Alberta´s Economic Future
- Standing Committee on Legislative Offices
- Standing Committee on Privileges and Elections, Standing Orders and Printing
- Select Special Information and Privacy Commissioner Search Committee
- Seniors Advisory Council (Chair)
- Cabinet Policy Committee for Health
- Standing Committee on Private Bills
- Standing Committee on Health
- Select Special Auditor General Search Committee
- Select Special Ombudsman Search Committee
Additionally, he carried Bill 12, Body Armour Control Act, 2010; Bill 46, the Gunshot and Stab Wound Mandatory Disclosure Act, 2009; and Bill 60, the Health Professions Amendment Act, 2009; through the legislative process.
Prior to serving as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, Mr. Quest was the President of a rural General Motors dealership and a shareholder of an urban one.
Mr. Quest obtained a business diploma from NAIT in 1985 and served with the Better Business Bureau of Northern Alberta for 10 years, fulfilling various roles, including director, chair and director of the Canadian council. As well, he has been awarded a General Motors Dealer Award of Excellence.
Mr. Quest has been an active member of his community for nearly 25 years. During this time he fulfilled a variety of roles, including:
- Regional director for Elk Island on the provincial executive from 1998-2008
- Involvement with Friends of the Games Fundraising Committee for the 2007 Western Canada Summer Games
- Coaching Sherwood Park minor soccer teams from 2002 to 2006
Mr. Quest also has his private pilot´s licence and has completed five Edmonton half-marathons.
He and his wife, Fiona, live in Sherwood Park with their son Jack and two dogs.
April 8, 2013